HAZEL VICTORIA “VICKY” BLANKENSHIP, 83, of Wayne, passed away Thursday, February 11, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington. Funeral services at 1 p.m. Sunday, February 14, 2021, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne, with her nephew, Pastor Paul Michael Booth, and Mr. Bill Blankenship officiating. Burial in the Price-Mills Cemetery, Wayne. Born June 6, 1937, in Wayne County, she was the daughter of the late Luther R. and Inez Morrison Mills. She was preceded in death, 10 days prior, by her beloved husband of 67 years, Edgar Blankenship Sr., and two sisters, Loretta Hall and LaVella Pinson. Vicky was a proud homemaker and served her community as a member of the Wayne County CEOS and Wilson Creek Homemakers, where she was President for many years. She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law, Edgar and Kimberly Blankenship of Ashland, Ky., and Ronald and Mitzi Blankenship of Wayne; five grandchildren and their spouses, Daniel and Troy Blankenship of Oakland Park, Fla., Christopher and Jessie Blankenship of Ashland, Ky., Rachel Blankenship of Johnson City, Tenn., Kate and James McMullen of Barboursville, and Kai Blankenship of Lexington, Ky.; six great-grandchildren, Ellianah, Elijah, Evelyn and Ezekiel McMullen and Elliot and Lilly Blankenship; two sisters, Eva Mae Booth and Audrey Willis; two brothers, Raymond and Jean Mills and Lee Roy and Jane Mills; plus many precious nieces and nephews. Vicky followed God and will forever be remembered as a fun, kind, adoring and adored wife, mom, mamaw, great-mamaw, sister, aunt and friend, who always knew how to make you feel special and loved. Visitation with family and friends from 12:30 p.m. until service time at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne. Due to COVID-19, face masks and social distancing will be required.
Thank you for Reading.
As a community service, our obituaries are always free to view. In order to better know our audience, we ask that you register to continuing viewing.
- Ramey remembered as man of God, beloved role model
- Nikki Dotson Merritt: 'Icepocalypse' provides answer to age-old question for this Wayne County resident
- Houston man tied to WV counterfeit N95 order headed for June criminal trial
- Wayne station service restored, reconnect pushed to Friday for some
- Locals deliver food, drinks to weather response utility crews
- Appalachian Power says 75 percent of customers have had electricity restored
- Train, semi collide in Wayne County; no injuries reported
- Wayne County High School basketball schedules released
- Eastbound Interstate 64 to be closed in Kenova area Monday for tree removal
- Crews work to restore power to thousands across region after winter storms
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Amos Kelley Maynard of Ceredo
- Carolyn McGranahan of Urbana, Ohio
- Lanette Noles Pike of Huntington
- Roger Hugh Christian of Wayne
- Juanita Joyce Steele of Huntington, formerly of East Lynn
- Bonita "Bonnie" Pearl Mullins of Huntington
- Vina Faye McComas Triplett of Branchland
- Juanita Joyce Steele of Huntington
- Ada V. Chapman Franklin of Carrollton, Ky.
- Marcia Ann Chaney of Louisa, Ky.