About Us

The Wayne County News  traces its roots to 1874 with the first publication of The Wayne County Advocate, which was founded by P.B. Lewis, who came to Wayne County from Western Reserve, Ohio. A few years later, the name was changed to the Wayne County News. HD Media purchased the Wayne County News in 2014, and editions publish on Wednesdays.